Postal Rate Charts and InformationMail rates Change January 12, 2012
LEANER, FASTER, SMARTER
JANUARY 22, 2012 MAILING SERVICES PRICE CHANGE
Prices for most Postal Service mailing services will change on January 22, 2012. Mailing services includes First-Class Mail, Standard Mail, Periodicals, Package Services and Extra Services. Prices for shipping services will also change on January 22. We will provide customers the new shipping services prices later this fall. While actual percentage price increases for various products and services varies, the overall average price increase across all mailing services is capped by law at 2.1 percent, the rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index.
First Class Mail Highlights
- Letters (1 oz.) – 1-cent increase to 45 cents. This is the first increase in the price of a First-Class Mail stamp since May 2009.
- Single-piece letters additional ounce rate – unchanged at 20 cents.
- Postcards – 3-cent increase to 32 cents
- Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 oz.) – 5-cent increase to 85 cents
- Letters to other international destinations – 7-cent increase to $1.05
- The second ounce will be free for First-Class Mail Presort pieces weighing between one and two ounces.
Additional Price Adjustment Highlights
- The price increase for Standard Mail Letters is slightly below the overall average at less than 1.9 percent
- A new 3-month pricing option will be available to rent
PO Boxes for people on the move and others that need a PO Box for a shorter time period.
-Delivery Confirmation will be free for several parcel products as the Postal Service continues to make tracking an
integral component of parcels mailed at commercial rates.
Percentage of Price Change By Class of Mail
New Postal Rates Effective January 22!NonProfit Mail Rate Chart (February 9, 2012)
Standard Mail Rate Chart (February 9, 2012)
First Class Mail Rate Chart (February 9, 2012)
New Requirements Effective March 29, 2009New Address Standards for Commercial Flat-Size First Class Mail
New Address Standards for Commercial Flat-Size Standard Mail
New Address Standards for Commercial Flat-Size Periodicals
New Address Standards for Bound Printed Matter, Media Mail & Library Mail
Zip Code Lookup